Client of the Month for January 2018 is Michael Tang!
Meet Michael, one of our friendliest members training out of our CrossFit Chipping Norton gym, always arriving before class with the biggest smile and his hair properly well maintained and hitting you up with the latest gossip. You’ll want to have Michael at your side during workouts, because he’ll pump you up and everyone else in the session. This champion isn’t here just for the workout for himself, as he’ll catch up with other members after the session. He’s come a long way since joining us back in 2015, he’s built quite the physique and engine through consistency! You are truly deserving of this honour, Client of the Month! Well done, mate!
You can check out his feature on our website along with other clients here:
What do you enjoy most about coming to 365 Performance?
1) The community (and hence, atmosphere) – I’ve made quite a few friends over the past (almost) 3 years at this gym. A big shout out to the coaches and members for making the box a great place to unwind from work and hang out. The coaches are very approachable and uplifting. This has rubbed off on the members who are just as awesome!
2) Preset and varied workouts – I love having the coaches preset the workouts so I don’t need to think about what to do. The weekly planning ensures that I work out all muscle groups and the results are showing.
Name some of your achievements since starting with 365 Performance?
1) Legless rope climbs – I’ve gained enough upper body strength to do these which is pretty awesome (until you feel the pain 2 days later).
2) Handstand push ups – After a few weeks of practising (and guidance from the coaches), I managed to do handstand push ups. I can now manage quite a few!
3) Overall fitness levels – At 28 years old (almost 29), I honestly feel the fittest I’ve ever been. I’ve generally been quite active (playing basketball, swimming and running) but coming to 365 Performance consistently has really improved my strength and the toning of my muscles. My high school mate recently paid me a compliment, saying most of the guys from high school have gained weight but I seem like the only one to have gotten more fit 🙂 Happy days!
What are your favourite movies?
– The Batman Trilogy (Christopher Nolan) – so cinematic.
– Wolf of Wall Street / The Great Gatsby
– Any Marvel (or superhero) movie 🙂
– And romantic comedies (I’m shameless!)
What are your favourite foods?
– Steak with chips / mash and a beer 🙂
– I like cooking sriracha salmon with edamame mash. It’s a hit with family and friends!
– Classic Aussie BBQs
– Fried chicken (Korean or Belles Chicken)
– Homemade big breakfast – fried eggs, toast, avocado, bacon.
I should stop.
What is your favourite WOD or movement?
– I’m big on cardio. I like anything with body weight movements such as running, skipping, handstands, rope climbs, pull ups. Everything except the assault bike (nobody likes you…)
What is something that people may not know about you?
– I love to sing and have a big passion for music! I play the guitar and have been singing since I was in primary school (Backstreet Boys and loves songs from the 80s and 90s). I’ve performed at school talent shows. I used to rap as well (say what?).
– I’ve got a YouTube singing channel and applied for the first season of The Voice. Yep – I’m practically famous guys..
– If I wasn’t in finance, I’d probably be a singer. Every now and then I get together with friends to jam. I’d like to do live performances in the near future (hopefully this year).